The Fire Safety and Risk Management Revision Guide: for the NEBOSH Fire Certificate is the perfect revision aid for students preparing to take their NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management. As well as being a handy companion volume to the Fire Protection Association textbook Fire Safety and Risk Management: for the NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, it will also serve as a useful aide-mémoire for those in fire safety roles. The book:
- provides practical revision guidance and strategies for students;
- highlights the key information for each learning outcome of the current NEBOSH syllabus;
- gives students opportunities to test their knowledge based on NEBOSH-style questions and additional exercises;
- provides details of publically available guidance documents that students will be able to refer to.
The revision guide is fully aligned to the current NEBOSH syllabus, providing complete coverage in bite-sized chunks, helping students to learn and memorise the most important topics. Throughout the book, the guide refers back to the Fire Safety and Risk Management textbook, helping students to consolidate their learning.
Table of Contents
Preface Ed Ferrett
List of Principal Abbreviations
Part One: NGC 1: Management of Health and Safety
1. Foundations in Health and Safety
2. Health and Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
3. Health and Safety Management Systems 2 – Do1
4. Health and Safety Management Systems 2 – Do2
5. Health and Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
6. Health and Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
Part Two: FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
7. Element 1: Managing Fire Safety (National)
8. Element 2: Principles of Fire and Explosion
9. Element 3: Causes and Prevention of Fires and Explosions
10. Element 4: Fire Protection in Buildings
11. Element 5: Safety of People in the Event of Fire
12. Element 6: Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Revision Questions & Answers
Jonathan Backhouse MRes MA BA (Hons) CertEd CMIOSH, is a highly qualified teacher and Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner. Since becoming self-employed in 2002 he has gained a vast amount of health and safety experience, working as a consultant, trainer, assessor, examiner and author; working in the UK, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the USA.
Ed Ferrett is former Vice Chairman of NEBOSH (1999–2008) and a lecturer on NEBOSH courses with both public and private course providers. He is a chartered engineer and health and safety consultant.