Family Empowerment as an Intervention Strategy in Juvenile Delinquency
- This product is currently out of stock.
Use the Family Empowerment Intervention to combat recidivism in your young clients!Family Empowerment as an Intervention Strategy in Juvenile Delinquency presents the conceptual foundations and clinical techniques of a family empowerment intervention for juvenile offenders. This rigorously evaluated, innovative, low-cost intervention was provided in a large-scale clinical trial involving arrested youths who were processed at the Hillsborough County Juvenile Assessment Center in Florida. This valuable book provides you with detailed analyses of the long-term impact of this effective in-home intervention on youth’s recidivism and psychosocial functioning.In this book you’ll find a detailed overview of the Family Empowerment Intervention (FEI) that discusses:
- its theoretical foundations
- what the intervention can accomplish
- the various phases of the intervention
- engaging families and moving them through the FEI to graduation
- the role, selection, and training of Field Consultants who deliver the intervention
- what you can do to ensure the integrity of FEI services
- crisis intervention
- staff and family safety issuesThen, Family Empowerment as an Intervention Strategy in Juvenile Delinquency presents the results of two studies of the long-term impact of the FEI on recidivism among the approximately 300 youths who participated in the program. The first study tracks recidivism, the second focuses on psychosocial functioning among these youths. The results may surprise you!Family Empowerment as an Intervention Strategy in Juvenile Delinquency will be of vital interest to every individual and organization serving high-risk youth, including juvenile diversion programs, juvenile justice agencies, and alternative schools.
Table of Contents
- Family Empowerment Intervention: Conceptual Foundations and Clinical Practices
- Long-Term Impact of a Family Empowerment Intervention on Juvenile Offender Recidivism
- Long-Term Impact of a Family Empowerment Intervention on Juvenile Offender Psychosocial Functioning
- Reference Notes Included